Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
Wait for it…leftover banana bread! Yup. I love banana bread but sometimes we can’t eat the entire loaf during the week. I had some delicious banana bread on hand (no doubt due to the extra bananas I put in it, super moist!) and was contemplating if I could make it into anything else. Then I had a rare moment of creative kitchen genius, I decided to make it into French Toast! So away we went. I can’t even tell you how yummy it was. I was worried it would be way to sweet. But oddly enough, the egg/milk coating seemed to cut the sweetness a little bit. It was delicious and easy. So give this a try and you won’t be disappointed. Heck, you could even try it with almond, lemon or apple bread too. But I’m guessing banana is the best. Enjoy!
What you need:
- Thick slices of banana bread (try this recipe)
- Powdered Sugar
- And obviously, coffee to go with it!
What you do:
- Mix together eggs and milk (the amount of eggs/milk depends on how many serving you are making)
- Generously coat banana bread in egg mixture
- In hot skillet, fry banana bread until coating is crispy
- Plate and sprinkle with light coating of powdered sugar and serve with coffee (or juice, if you aren’t a coffee lover)