I’m sure you are sick of hearing me say this, but Pinterest inspired yet again. It has become my go-to source for recipes. I think the best part is most recipes I find on there are simple and quick which is perfect for summer when you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen. This little beauty of a recipe was OOoooohhh, so good. I know everyone is obsessed with a DQ ice cream cake, but this could give DQ a run for the money (minus that incredible fudgey/crunchy cookie center you get with a DQ cake). Anyhow, this was so simple and fun to make. Plus, it’s something you can make ahead of time and stick in the freezer. Best part though, if it doesn’t all get eaten, keep this tasty treat in the fridge for a couple of weeks and eat it as you wish.
Feel free to get creative with types of cookies and toppings you put inside, the ideas are endless!
What you need:
- 24 ice cream sandwiches (I found them at Wal-Mart 12 for $3!)
- 1 container whipped cream
- 1 jar caramel (or chocolate if you like)
- Your favorite candy crushed (M&M’s, Oreo, Peanut Butter Cups, Heath Bar, etc)
*FYI: I case you are wondering, I used mint Oreos with caramel and it was amazeballs!
What you do:
- In a 9×13 pan, layer 12 of the ice cream sandwiches across the bottom (you will have about 1/4 of one leftover…put it in your tummy)
- Spread 1/2 the whipped cream on top
- Sprinkle 1/2 the candy on top
- Drizzle Caramel or Chocolate on top
- Repeat layers
- Stick in freezer for at least 1 hour and serve!