What’s my inspiration?
Ummm…Sam’s club? Purchased my first membership this year and brought home a 8 pound boneless pork roast. The sight of it cracked me up for some reason so I had to buy it. I chopped that bad boy into 4 portions and froze them away for a major crock pot session as needed. We love BBQ pulled pork sandwiches but how often can you really eat those? Certainly not weekly. So I was in the hunt for a new pork recipe, crock pot style.
I dreamed up this tasty version of shredded pork tacos (Yes, I’m sure it’s been done before). But before you read on, consider this warning: serious chef’s only please. This highly complex, time-consuming recipe is worth every minute. You think I’m kidding? Look, there are 3 major ingredients. If that isn’t a top chef worthy meal, I don’t know what is ;-/ But in all seriousness, this turned out incredible for so few ingredients. And it made a ton of leftovers. Lunches for days…WOOT!!!!
P.S. I know this picture of my adorable french bulldog Burton doesn’t have anything to do with this post, but I don’t care. Look how cute he is?!?!?
Tip: If you really aren’t a pork fan, just sub some chicken.
What you need:
- Frozen Boneless Pork Roast (2-3 lbs)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- Taco Seasoning to taste (about 1/4 – 1/3 cup)
- Your best taco toppings
What you do (This is where it gets really challenging):
- Rub pork roast with some of the taco seasoning
- Place frozen pork roast in crock pot
- Cover with salsa
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until roast pulls apart easily
- Add additional taco seasoning to taste
- Serve with flour tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, and taco sauce (Or whatever other taco toppings you like!)