Don’t you sometimes just want a fresh, light pasta salad for lunch or dinner (oh, and easy)? Forget all that heavy mayo people usually slather into these potluck classics. Use some light dressing over wheat noodles, fresh vegetables and top with a little cheese. A delish salad that won’t weigh you down with that heavy mayo. This is one I just threw together with some leftover stuff I had in the fridge and it was yumtastic. Don’t have the vegetables listed below? Add whatever the heck you do have (cauliflower, cucumbers, etc.). Oh, wait, you dont’ have greek vinaigrette? No problem! Sub some italian dressing and it’ all the same. For a little extra goodness for your belly, use wheat pasta noodles instead of white the white crap 🙂 Enjoy!
- Wheat penne or spiral noodles
- 1 stalk broccoli – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper – diced
- 2-3 green onions – diced
- 1 package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
What you do:
- Cook wheat pasta noodles until desired doneness, drain and let cool
- Combine noodles, vegetables, feta cheese
- Drizzle with greek vinaigrette until the pasta to your liking
- Enjoy with some grilled bread if you wish!