What’s my inspiration:
Looking for a sweet treat with a surprise twist? This will do it! Bite into these and you’ll find an Oreo cookie baked inside. I bet you think it would be mushy or burnt. Nope. Somehow, even though you pour batter over the Oreo and bake them, they stay crispy and almost exactly as though you took a fresh one out of the bag and ate it. The best part about these though… they look extra fancy but are super easy to make since you cheat and use a box cake mix 🙂 Shhh….no one has to know.
What you need for the cupcakes:
- 24 Mint Oreos
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
What you do for the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place a Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, melted butter, water and eggs. Beat on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl and increase speed to high. Beat for another minute.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before
What you need for the Frosting:
- 15 Mint Oreos, crushed completely into superfine crumbs
- 4 sticks of butter, softened
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- A few drops green food coloring
What you do for the Frosting:
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, milk, and extracts on low speed until smooth and combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low until just mixed. Increase speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add cookie crumbs and beat on low until well combined.