What’s my inspiration:
This totally INSANE Chocolate Rolo cookie recipe from Six Sisters Blog was found on Pinterest. I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious they are. Thick, rich chocolate with a melted rolo in the middle = pure heaven. The best part? They have 5 ingredients and were super easy to make. I foresee these visiting my christmas cookie platter this year. How about you?
- DO NOT follow the cake recipe on the box. Use the recipe below or the batter will be way too runny.
- I actually rolled mine in powdered sugar before I baked them. Gives them a little extra something don’t you think? Although my husband inhaled these cookies so fast he was coughing up a storm from literally inhaling the powdered sugar. Serves him right for eating so fast 🙂
- 1 pkg. Rolo’s
- 1 box Devils Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. oil
- Powdered sugar
What you do:
- Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs. (Mixture will be really thick)
- Take a small ball of dough and form a ball around the rolo. (Only use enough dough to cover the rolo so it can spread through the cookie.)
- Roll in powdered sugar
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
- Yields about 3 dozen.