Let’s be honest. Don’t you just want a great meal sometimes without all the hassle? I know I do. Because of this (or maybe temporary laziness), I find ways to make the same thing in a more quick and easy way. Do you love Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus but don’t want to spend the time wrapping up those pretty green sticks of goodness? Guess what, you don’t have to! With this little trick, even the lazy cook can put together a fabulous side dish. But don’t tell anyone, because even thought it’s simple…it still looks like a dolled up & impressive side dish.
Don’t mind my terrible picture of the finished product. It was dark out and I have a piece of crap camera!!
What you need:
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 packaged diced pancetta
- Usually I suggest pepper AND salt to season a dish. But with the pancetta being as sodium packed as it is, skip the salt.
What you do:
- Heat Grill or Oven to 375
- Cut of ends of asparagus and dice into 2-3 inch pieces
- Combine asparagus & pancetta in a grill pan or on a cookie sheet, drizzle with EVOO and season with pepper
- Cook about 20 minutes or until pancetta is sizzling and asparagus is heated through but still crisp