Source: Christa Michels
Yield: 2 loaves (or muffins)
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min
My lovely co-worker and fellow baker Christa brought these OH SO YUMMY muffins into work last week. They were truly a treat. They had just a hint of peanut butter and the white chocolate chips were a nice touch. Don’t be fooled by these muffins though, they were yummy enough to be served as a dessert if you ask me!
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
What you do:
- Flour: You can use all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour
- Milk: Try using light soy milk
- Chocolate Chips: Try using White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9×5-inch loaf pans (or muffin tins) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes (give it a check at 40 minutes), or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.