Source: Melissa’s kitchen
I make caprese salad almost every week, I’m obsessed. So when a friend told me about this dish, I had to try it. I didn’t have a recipe, just the ingredients, so I had to wing it. Luckily, it turned out!
The balsamic & heavy cream sauce is really tasty. It has a sweetness that isn’t overwhelming and the balsamic gives it a savory kick. The sauce combined with fresh farmers market tomatoes, curly noodles and mozzarella balls makes it really fun to eat. Oh, and did I mention there is a side of steak? Mmm-mmm. Serve it with some grilled sourdough and you have a dish that is sure to please!
- Since I didn’t have a recipe, I eyeballed the sauce when I made it. So taste the sauce and if it needs more balsamic, cream, salt or pepper just add some. Start with a little and keep adding of needed.
What you need:
- 1 steak (1-2 lbs)
- 1 Steak Marinade (Make your own or buy a pre-made Marinade)
- 1 box pasta noodles (curly noodles are more fun but penne noodles work) – cooked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons Balsamic
- 1 package Cherry or Grape Tomatoes – Cut in 1/2
- Fresh Basil – julienned
- Fresh mozzarella balls – Cut in 1/2
- Salt & Pepper
- Marinate steak 2+ hours (I usually marinate the steak the morning I cook the dish)
- Prep tomatoes, mozzarella balls & basil
- Cook pasta noodles in water that is well salted with some vegetable oil (gives flavor and keeps noodles from sticking).
- Drain noodles (do not rinse, helps sauce stick to noodles)
- While noodles are cooking, start grilling the steak and cook until desired doneness. Slice and set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked the noodles in, add heavy whipping cream and about 3 tablespoons Balsamic. Cook over medium-low heat until warm – simmer but don’t boil.
- Add noodles & tomatoes to sauce and heat until warm
- Add mozzarella balls and basil, season with salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with sliced steak and grilled sourdough if desired