These green babies are unbelievable! Last year I made my own jarred salsa and this year, pickles! These require no talent at all and they will knock your socks off. Only problem, these are refidgerator pickles so they don’t last year round. So, eat them quickly or they will go bad. I promise, it won’t be hard to scarf them down.
Better go quick though, there probably aren’t many baby cucumbers left at the Farmers Market.
Tip: If you don’t like spice, skip the jalepenos
What you need:
- ½ bushel baby cucumbers (Make sure they are crispy)
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 12 large garlic cloves, halved
- 4 large jalapeños quartered lengthwise (Keep seeds in)
- 30 dill sprigs
- 4 – 1-quart glass jars
What you do:
- Wash cucumbers
- Pack cucumbers into 4 clean 1-quart glass jars
- Ram jam the jalapeño, garlic and dill between the vegetables
- In a large jug (1 gallon cartons work well) combine salt, sugar, vinegar, and coriander. Shake until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add 2 cups of water
- Pour the brine over the vegetables
- Add enough water to keep the vegetables submerged
- Close the jars and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month.