Love, love, love me some shrimp!!! As per usual, food and wine magazine comes through. What I particularly loved about this recipe is that it didn’t have nearly the amount of ingredients usually needed for a F&W recipe. Also, it has a nice enough kick to make it interesting, but won’t burn your tongue either. It was yummy served with some rice and grilled French bread. Mmmm….
What you need:
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for grilling
- 1/4 cup Salsa Negra with Chipotle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
What you do:
- In a blender, puree the diced tomatoes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of oil until shimmering. Add the tomato puree and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until very thick, about 7 minutes.
- Add the Salsa Negra and 1/3 cup of water and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the sauce, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.