What’s my inspiration?
Do you ever ponder for days and days what you are going to bring to a party? All of a sudden, the day has arrived and you still haven’t made a decision? I certainly hope I’m not the only one. Part of my problem is that I always want to bring something new, different and fun. Challenge myself, you know? I stumbled on this recipe during a last-minute attempt to bring something rad to a friends housewarming party. I mean, it was a brand new home, they deserved something amazing right? This recipe was perfect. Sweet, gooey, salty and crunchy. Sign me up. One might think pineapple and bacon might be an odd combo, trust me, it’s as awesome as the bacon caramel bar recipe if you had a chance to try that.
So next time you have an event to go to and you want to impress with an easy snack, give this a try. Your contribution will be the **STAR** next to a buffet full of chips and cheese.
What you need:
- 8 thick slices of meaty bacon
- 3 cups salted roasted peanuts
- 4 candied pineapple rings, cut into 1/3-inch triangles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a rack set over a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Drain on paper towels and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a bowl, toss the bacon with the peanuts, pineapple, sesame seeds, soy sauce, honey and cayenne.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once, until the bacon is browned.
- Season the mix with salt and stir occasionally until cool, then serve.