What’s my inspiration:
I was looking for something fresh & light that I could make almost completly on the grill. During the summer months, I want nothing to do with a 400 degree oven ruining my nice, cool house. I found this recipe on the Kraft Foods website so thought I would give it a whirl. I tweaked it just enough to make it a little quicker. Anytime I can cut out a few steps in the process, I’m in. At first glance, I wasn’t sure how filling it would be, but it had just enough substance to it. The recipe was really delishous and it will be a new standby for us!
- Serve it with instant mexican rice and Fresca Margarita’s and you will be good to go!
- You don’t need to hurry though this so everything is hot. The tostada is just as good with the toppings warm or even room temperature.
What you need:
- 2 poblano chiles – sliced open, stem, seeds and veins removed
- 3 ears corn on the cob – husks and silks removed
- 1-1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing – divided in 1/2
- 1 fully ripe avocado – halved, peeled and pitted
- 8 tostada shells (6 inch)
- 1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
What you do:
- Marinate shrimp for 10-15 minutes in 1/4 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
- Blend remaining 1/4 cup dressing and avocados until smooth (use a fork by hand or you can use a food processor). Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Place chiles and corn on grill
- Grill chiles 10 min. or until blackened, turning occasionally; transfer to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Grill corn an additional 5 to 10 min. or until tender, turning occasionally; remove from grill.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers; grill 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove peels from chiles and cut into strips.
- Remove corn from cobs.
- Combine chiles, corn and shrimp.
- Place tostada shells on grill; top with cheese. Grill 2 min. or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill.
- Top with shrimp mixture and avocado mixture. ENJOY!!