Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
- 1 – 8-12oz Marlin Steak per person
- *Coastal Seafoods “Coastal Creole” for blackend seafood
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter – for onions
- Blue Cheese
- 1 small white onion – sliced
What you do:
- Coat Marlin steaks with EVOO
- Season Marlin steaks with Coastal Creole Seasoning – set aside
- Caramelized Onions:
- Coat the bottom of a pan with olive oil, and add butter.
- Heat the pan on medium high heat until the oil / butter mixture is shimmering.
- Add the onion slices and stir to coat the onions with the oil. Spread the onions out evenly over the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, sprinkle some salt over the onions.
- Let cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring every few minutes (if you stir them too often, they won’t brown). Add more oil if it seems like onions are burning.
- Continue to cook and stir, until the onions are a rich, browned color. At the end of the cooking process you can add a a splash of wine to help deglaze the pan and bring more flavor to the onions.
- While onions are cooking, start the grill and heat to about 350.
- Grill Marlin steaks 3-4 minutes per side (cook times will vary based on size of steaks and desired doneness)
- Put caramelized onions and blue cheese crumbles over Marlin Steaks and serve.