Source: Food and Wine Magazine
Recipe by: Nicolas Jammet
What you need:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, very thinly sliced on a mandoline (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, thinly shaved
- The store didn’t have red cabbage so I just used green. It tasted just as good, but the red would look way better on the plate!
- Serve with Flank Steak Spirals with Porcini & Red Wine Sauce (as pictured)
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Spread the pine nuts in a pie plate and toast for about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for about 15 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are lightly caramelized and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the honey, mustard, cayenne and chile powder. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the toasted pine nuts and cranberries.
- In a small skillet, heat the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute. Scrape the garlic and hot oil over the cabbage.
- Add the brussels sprouts and toss, then add the dressing and toss again. Scatter the cheese shavings over the top and serve right away.