Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
Tuesday night football! Yes, TUESDAY night football. Not Sunday night, not Monday night, but Tuesday night. This hasn’t happened in 64 years and of course, it happened to the Vikings.
Our purple people eaters played the Philadelphia Eagles today instead of the previous Sunday due to a blizzard that was supposed to hit Philadelphia in full force. The last time a National Football League game took place on a Tuesday was in 1946 with the New York Giants defeating the Boston Yanks, 17-0.
You would think this rare occasion would call for an extra special dinner to go along with it. However, it was so extra special that I wasn’t going to spend my night in the kitchen cooking. Instead, I went with a spicy chicken pizza that seemed to suit the occasion just fine. I was able to prepare it prior to game time, and then eat it right in front of the TV while cheering for our team. Even though the Vikings don’t seem to be in the hunt this year, I don’t care. I’m still going to enjoy the game, cheer them on and hope for the best. GO VIKES!
What you need:
- 1 – Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot
- ½ cup red onion – diced
- ¼ cup banana peppers rings – diced
- 2 – cooked chicken breasts – shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese – mozzarella or pizza cheese
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- If you like the sauce spicier, put in more Frank’s Red Hot and less BBQ. You can also do all Frank’s Red Hot or all BBQ sauce.
- Easy Shredded Chicken: I boil the chicken in water until it’s fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the water, let cool and then shred. This technique seems to work the best for shredding chicken.
What you do:
- Heat oven to 400
- Cook chicken & shred – set aside
- Dice onion & banana peppers – set aside
- Mix together BBQ sauce & Frank’s Red Hot – set aside
- Spread pizza crust dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes (Will be slightly brown on bottom but not fully cooked)
- Remove crust from oven and spread with BBQ/Buffalo sauce mixture. Top with onions, banana peppers, shredded chicken and cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and edges of crust are browned.
- Cut into squares and serve with Blue Cheese dressing