Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
Serves 4-6 People depending on size of roast
What you need:
- 2-4 lb Rib Roast (high quality, well marbled roast)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – EVOO
- Kosher Salt
- Pepper – Fresh Cracked
What you do:
- Heat over to 350
- Bring roast to room temperature
- Coat roast with EVOO
- Coat roast in a layer of kosher salt & pepper
- Cook until roast is within 5 degrees of desired temperature. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Temperature of roast will raise 5-10 degrees while resting. Cooking time will depend on desired temperature and size of meat.
- Medium Rare 130-140, Medium 140 – 150, Medium Well, 150-155
- Remove extra salt crust from roast. Slice in thin layers against the grain and serve.