Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
Quick & Easy!
What’s my inspiration?
Pasta isn’t something I ever order when we go out to eat. It isn’t because I don’t like it, because I do. I just feel like I can make the dish just as easy at home, and for way less money. Why would I pay $12-15/plate, when I can make the same dish for way less? I have been experimenting with different pastas and this is one of my favorites so far. It is a great week night dinner since it is quick and easy. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp (remove shells)
- ½ box penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ jar Vodka Pasta Sauce
- ½ jar Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Don’t like peas? Skip them.
- I use whole wheat penne noodles since it’s better for you. But you can use white penne noodles too.
- You could add in mushrooms, peppers or onion if you want too!
What you do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last minute of cook time, add frozen peas. Drain water and set pasta & peas aside.
- While pasta is cooking, drizzle sauté pan with EVOO.
- Season raw shrimp with salt & pepper.
- Cook shrimp on medium heat in sauté pan until fully cooked – about 2-3 minutes/side depending on size of shrimp. They will be pink when done. Set aside.
- In clean sauté pan, add sauce, cooked pasta and shrimp. Heat until warm.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.