Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
What’s my inspiration?
My mom served this dish growing up. I think she used to bake it in the oven and then eventually, started making it in the crock-pot. She used to make me whatever I wanted for my birthday dinner, and if I recall correctly, I asked for this every time. I loved it. It’s such a flavourful dish that is fairly healthy and really easy to make. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
What you need: Feeds 2-4 people
- 1 pound frozen chicken
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 80z sour cream (light)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (low sodium)
- 1 small can dried beef, torn in 1/2 (I use Hormel Dried Beef)
- 1 package wide wheat egg noodles
- You don’t have to use light sour cream, low sodium cream of mushroom soup or wheat noodles. You can use the high fat, high sodium ingredients. However, it is much healthier if you do use the suggested items. I promise, you won’t notice a difference in taste.
- If you don’t have cream of mushroom, you can use cream of chicken
- You can put the chicken in thawed. But is works great if you throw it in frozen. Especially if you leave it in all day.
What you do:
- Simple: Combine all ingredients into a crock pot
- Cook 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high
- Cook egg noodles until done
- Service Chicken Stroganoff with Corned Beef over egg noodles