Source: Inspired by Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 pie pastry (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups pecan halves
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 9 inch pie pan with round pie pastry, trim edge as desired
- For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Carefully pour pie filling into pastry lined crust
- Line pecan halves on top of pie filling
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foil
- Bake for 20-25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and serve with whipped cream!
- Cover and keep chilled in refrigerator.