What you need:
- 1 pie pastry (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 – 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line 9 inch pie pan with round pie pastry, trim edge as desired
- In small bowl combine pecans and brown sugar
- Spread ¾ cup pecan mixture in bottom of pastry lined pie plate
- Reserve remaining pecan mixture
- For filling, combine pumpkin, half-and-half, granulated sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix well
- Carefully pour filling over pecan mixture in pastry shell
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until set in the center
- Mix melted butter into remaining pecan mixture
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie filling.
- Bake in oven for 10 more minutes or until topping is bubbling around edges
- Let cook on wire rack and serve with whipped cream!
- Cover and keep chilled in refrigerator.