Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
What you need:
- 1 pound, 8-12 count in shell raw shrimp (I like to use prawns)
- Blue Cheese Crumbles (use a soft blue cheese)
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs (home made or Panko)
- Buffalo Sauce (Franks Red Hot)
- Blue Cheese dressing
What you do:
- Make sure raw shrimp is de-veined and rinsed clean
- Remove shell of shrimp keeping the tail in tact
- Carefully, use a sharp knife to make a small pocket in the shrimp for the blue cheese stuffing. Be sure not to cut through the shrimp!
- With your finger, smear blue cheese into the shrimp pocket. This is where it’s important to have a soft blue cheese so you can smear it in. If your blue cheese crumbles are dry, try adding a little blue cheese dressing or cream cheese to the crumbles.
- Set up a dredging station in 3 flat bowls: Flour, egg, bread crumbs.
- One shrimp at a time, coat in flour, dip in egg and then coat in bread crumbs. You don’t need to coat the tail. Hold the tail while coating the edible portion of the shrimp.
- On stovetop, heat EVOO on Medium heat. When hot, pan fry shrimp in 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Remove shrimp from pan and place on paper towels.
- Serve while warm with buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing.