Source: Melissa’s Kitchen
What’s my inspiration?
Football Sunday – GO VIKES!
What you need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 14 oz diced tomatoes, drained (Try Rotel with Basil, garlic & oregano)
- 14 oz stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 can chili beans with sauce
- 1 can light red kidney beans, drained
- 24 oz tomato juice
- Shredded cheese & Sour Cream for topping
What you do:
- Sauté onion on stovetop in EVOO
- Add ground beef to onion and brown meet
- Combine onion, ground beef & all ingredients in a crock pot (NOT Cheese & Sour Cream)
- Stir until combined
- Cook in crock-pot on low 4-10 hours
- Serve with shredded cheese & sour cream
- You can use any kind of beans you like.
- You can use any kind of tomatoes you like.
- Cook on the stovetop if you prefer to cook and eat faster than 4-10 hours.
- Use more or less cayenne pepper and Tabasco depending on how hot you like chili.
- Try serving with Beer Bread!