What’s my inspiration?
My mom used to make this growing up and I LOVED it! It is something I have made since I was in college and still make often, mostly in the winter. It’s super fast and really easy. Since it’s a crock-pot recipe, you can throw everything in before you leave for work. When you get home….eat!
- Since you are cooking in a crock pot, feel free to use a less tender cut of meet (flank steak, stew meat, etc). The slow cook process will tenderize the tougher cuts of meat.
- You can put the meet into the crock pot frozen or thawed!
- Feel free to use more or less vegetables.
- You can place whole potatoes right in the bottom of the crock-pot with everything else on top. Remove and mash before serving.
- Add garlic if you want extra flavor.
What you need:
- 1-2 lbs stew meat or beef roast
- 3 – 14oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup celery
- 1 small onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
What you do:
- Place all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cook until vegetables are soft!
- Serve over mashed potatoes.