I love fresh mint! However, when I spend the whopping $2 on mint at the farmers market, I feel like I have enough to make a giant mojito in a pool. Since that is not a logical solution for the excess mint, I experimented with a few marinades. This strawberry mint marinade is light, fresh and great on chicken! You can eat the chicken alone or on top of a strawberry and spinach salad!
What you need:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- Strawberry vinaigrette
- 5-6 large strawberries – diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint – remove stems and roughly chop leaves
- Salt & Pepper
What you do:
- Combine vinaigrette, strawberries and mint in a large zip lock bag
- Add chicken and massage with vinaigrette until chicken is covered
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Seal bag and marinate chicken 4-24 hours. The longer you can marinate, the more tender and flavorful
- Remove chicken from bag and grill until cooked through and enjoy!
Substitution Idea: Try using raspberry vinaigrette and raspberries in place of the strawberries!
Side Dish Idea: Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
FYI: The chicken will turn a little pink due to the strawberry’s. Don’t let this fool you when cooking it!