What’s the inspiration?
I am borderline obsessed with Tastefully Simple Beer Bread. However, I am not obsessed with the $5.49 price. I am always looking for a way to make the things I love at a more thrifty cost to the pocket book. After a little online research…guess what, I found a recipe that is seriously just as good! Thank you Food Network and *Catherine Bienk, whoever you are! This easy recipe is amazing, tasty and simple! Enjoy!
What you need:
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer (or any carbonated beverage – soda, etc)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix well. The mixture should be sticky.
Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. At the last 3 minutes of baking, remove from oven, brush the top of the loaf with butter and return to oven.
*Source: Food Network, Recipe courtesy Catherine Bienik